Dear Registered Interestd and Affected Party
DEA&DP Reference No. 16/3/1/1/A6/57/2072/13
Please be informed that Environmental Authorisation (EA) for the proposed construction of a new parking area at Erf 453 Noordhoek was issued on 6 August 2014. Registered Interested and Affected Parties (IAPs) are hereby notified of the following in accordance with Condition 3 of the attached EA:
- The outcome of the decision which is positive (i.e. the proposed construction of the parking area was approved);
- The reasons for the decision (see attached EA);
- The date on which the authorisation was issued (6 August 2014).
- That an appeal procedure is provided for in Chapter 7 of the EIA Regulations.
Should IAPs wish to appeal they must lodge a notice of intention to appeal with the Minister, within 20 days of the date of issue of the decision, must submit their appeal within 30 days after the lapsing of the 20 days contemplated in Regulation 60 (1) for the lodging of their notice of intention to appeal.
The means by which the appellant may lodge an appeal is as follows:
- By post: Provincial Minister for Environment, Planning and Economic Development, Pvt Bag X9186, Cape Town, 8000
- By facsimile: 021-483 4174
- By hand: 3rd floor Leeusig Building, 4 Leeuwen Street, Cape Town
A prescribed Notice of Intent to Appeal Form and Appeal Form is obtainable from the Minister’s office at tel 021-483 3721 or 021-483 3915, firstname.lastname@example.org or URL http://www.capegateway.gov.za/eadp
Should IAPs wish to appeal, the appellant must serve on the applicant, within 10 days of the date which the notice of intent is lodged with the minister, a copy of the notice of intention to appeal form as well as a notice indicating where and for what period the appeal submission will be available for inspection by the applicant.
Should IAPs wish to receive clarification concerning any of the above then they are welcome to contact the undersigned.